Friday, March 16, 2012

Marshmallow

Authors note: This is a stream of consciousness that we did during resource a few days ago. Of course this is going to have a lot more structure and some major revision. Just so you know this is a horror/ irony story so read if you want.

We're sitting around the campfire cooking marshmallows on this cool summer evening, just having fun, talking and eating. I've been at camp for a few days now hanging out with my friends, fishing, boating, shooting arrows at targets and eating s'mores. I like sitting around the fire just relaxing. As I'm thinking I notice some movement at the edge of the woods and forget about it, it's probably just a squirrel. Then I see masked figure pop out of the woods holding a machete but no one even flinches. "Come on Bill you tried that on us two days ago."
"It was worth a shot."
As Bill starts to walk back to the fire he stops gasping for breath and then we notice a REAL machete covered in blood sticking out of Bills chest. We don't even stop to think we run straight to the lodge the killer on our tail we dive inside and lock the door.
"Who the heck is that," says Todd.
"I have no idea," I say
 I grab my bow from archery and everyone follows, maybe it's not the best idea but it boosts our confidence knowing we have something to defend ourselves.
"We should make our way to the shed and get the guns that we use for trap shooting"
"Yeah," Tim agrees.
Jeff opens the door with caution as I pull my bow back read to shoot, no one. We make our way to the center of camp, wait where is everybody I think but dismiss the thought as the killer charges us full boar I notice and hit him in the chest with a quick shot. He only slows only for a second before he continues on. My friends see the killer and shoot as well but he is still coming at us with tree arrows in the chest one in the head, how? No time for thinking about that as I dive out of the way of a lethal strike. We sprint for the shed but Steve is done for, I look away as the man finishes him off. We near the shed and Todd turns around and shoots the killer again making him trip but he gets up again. I break open the shed and grab a shotgun, load some shells turn and shoot the killer as he tries to take a stab at Tim. He misses by an inch as he falls to the ground, I pump the shotgun and finish off the creep who has killed my friends.

We walk back to the lodge and go to sleep, we're too tired to fight it. In the morning I walk out side to find the body of the killer gone but where, there's no one here and I was sure he was dead. Then my thinking is stopped as the steel machete goes clean through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment