Thursday, November 29, 2012

Life of Don't Die

Author's Note: This piece is a prediction on what I think will happen at the end of Life of Pi.

My stomach fells like a empty pit never to be filled again. The days have been long and Richard Parker is becoming more and more hostile each day. But finally by the grace of God I see the coast and the small boat slowly inches closer. I reach for a flare but sorrow fills me as I find they are all gone. I begin to dose off purely of exhaustion and not know if what I'm seeing is real. I awake to the powerful steps of Richard Parker. My eyes open from my daze to see a blur of orange and black. The water stings when I dive out of the boat. I can't tell why it stings so bad, then I notice the huge gash made by Richard Parker's claw. The boat flips from his massive weight and I find that he is stuck under the over turned vessel. I hear him frantically trying to swim but sadly failing as he sinks further into the water.

There is no way I can flip the boat by myself so I decide to put my head down and swim. The coast doesn't seem far but after an hour of swimming it doesn't feel like I've made any progress. I flip onto my back, I feel like my arms and legs are no longer usable. That's I notice a fin sticking out of the water to the right of me. At first it looks like a dolphin but it's moving to fast. I remember what to do just as the shark leaps out of the water. I give the strongest right hook I can and hit it square in the nose it sinks to the bottom unconscious. I lift my arm and see the spot where my hand used to be and pass out. 

When I wake up I find myself in a mix of sand blood and water. I hear people shouting but I can't seem to make out what they are saying. When I turn my head I can just make out the sign of the Canadian Coast Guard on the shirts of three people. I'm saved.   

No comments:

Post a Comment